“We want to be a company of total trust for society.”
We are dedicated to the labor and social inclusion of people at risk of exclusion.
The integration of people at risk of social exclusion and, specifically, of people with different abilities, has been for several years the hallmark and main identity symbol of our Company.
Currently, 11% of our employees come from groups at risk of social exclusion or with difficulties in accessing employment. We have three Special Employment Centers and a labor enclave in Spain. More than 70% of the people who work in them, in positions related to production, warehouse, logistics, supply and general services, have some kind of functional diversity.
Our commitment also materializes in various collaborations. In 2017 we renewed with the ONCE Foundation, for the third year in a row since 1998, the Inserta Agreement. In addition, we continue our collaboration with the Royal Disability Board, the Higher Sports Council (CSD) and the Spanish Paralympic Committee (CPE).
We consider it essential to continue moving towards an inclusive and, therefore, sustainable society for all, supporting sports and Paralympic athletes, thus reinforcing our commitment to overcoming, discipline, equal opportunities, effort and perseverance. Therefore, in 2018 we renewed our sponsorship of the Spanish Paralympic Team for the Tokyo 2020 Games, just as we did in the Rio de Janeiro Games in 2016.
Disability Confident Employer
In 2018 we became one of the first companies to obtain the Leader Badge as Disability Confident Employer in the United Kingdom, a program promoted by the Ministry of Labor and Pensions to encourage the hiring of people from these groups.
After obtaining the “Committed (Level 1)” mark, at Cerealto Siro Foods we have internationalized this initiative, transferring it to the rest of our work centers located in Spain, Portugal, Italy and Mexico.
The Valuable 500
The Valuable 500, is an initiative that aims to include equal opportunities and integration of people with disabilities in the global business leadership agenda, after its launch at the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
At the beginning of 2019, we became the first company in Spain to join The Valuable 500 and one of the first worldwide to support it.
As a result of our accession, we reinforced a number of commitments, including:
- We will keep the inclusion of people with disabilities on our first level agenda.
- Every year we will have at least 10% of people belonging to groups at risk of exclusion from the labour market in our staff, specifically people with disabilities.
- We will promote experiences of corporate volunteering with people with disabilities to promote awareness and integration internally.
- We will collaborate with new organizations whose purpose is the creation and promotion of the integration of people with disabilities in the workplace.
As a result of our activity framed in this commitment and investment in the labor integration of people with disabilities, we have received a series of awards, including:
- Merca2 Award “Grupo Siro, inclusive employment”, 2018.
- ConSalud Award for “Social Integration”, 2018.
- In conjunction with our Accession to the Europe and Spain Pact for Youth, promoted by the European Commission and CSR Europe and led by Forética in Spain, our Labor and Social Integration of People with Disabilities initiative has been selected by this organization, to join of the European Enterprise 2020 program.
- “Best company for workers with disabilities”, an international recognition received at the New York headquarters of the United Nations, by the Secretary of State for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Sao Paulo, coinciding with the 10th Anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Bronze Medal for Sports Merit awarded by the Presidency of the Higher Sports Council, for our support to the Spanish Paralympic sport under the ADOP Plan. We thus enter the Royal Order of Sports Merit.
- At the regional level, we received the 2016 Castilla y León Human and Social Values Award.